- Journalist Alex Chamwada shares an inspiring story about turning a negative experience into a positive outcome.
- Chamwada’s proposal to produce stories about the diaspora was dismissed by a boss in a newsroom with a casual “who cares.”
- Undeterred, Chamwada believed in his idea and worked hard to prove his boss wrong.
- His efforts paid off as the concept of showcasing diaspora stories became a hit with audiences.
Alex Chamwada, a renowned journalist and creator of the popular show “Daring Abroad,” recently shared an inspiring story about turning a negative experience into a positive outcome.
Chamwada recalled a moment when a boss in a newsroom dismissed his proposal to produce stories about the diaspora, responding with a nonchalant “Who cares.” However, Chamwada did not let this discourage him.
Alex Chamwada commitment
Instead of despairing, Chamwada believed in his idea and worked tirelessly to prove his boss wrong. He remained committed to his vision and persevered in his efforts. His hard work and determination paid off, as the concept of showcasing stories about the diaspora gained traction and became a hit. The success of “Daring Abroad” resonated with audiences, and the demand for diaspora-related content soared.
Chamwada’s achievements caught the attention of the Kenyan government, leading to the creation of a diaspora department by the Government of Kenya (GOK). Chamwada expressed his gratitude for the department’s collaboration with Chams Media, the production company behind “Daring Abroad.” The establishment of the diaspora department symbolizes the recognition and importance given to the diaspora community.
- Related post: Kibe In Hot Water As Akothee Files Legal Action
In reflecting on his journey, Chamwada emphasizes the significance of believing in oneself and starting despite any setbacks or negative responses. He credits the editor who initially dismissed his idea for motivating him to work even harder and ultimately transforming his dream into a reality.
Chamwada’s story inspires individuals to trust their ideas, persevere in the face of adversity, and turn their visions into successful ventures. It reminds us that a negative experience can often be the catalyst for positive change and growth.